Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Well, I'm a bit behind on updates...mainly because I'd rather jut stare at my perfect little girl than the computer screen. =]

Bare with me, it's tough to type with a sleeping baby in your arms!

Monday was Madeline's first pediatrician appointment. Everything went really well...except for the part where she pooped through her clothes! =] She's back up in weight at 8lbs, 12oz. She as 8lbs, 3oz when we left the hospital on Saturday. The doctor said she was perfect...but we already knew that! <3 After the appt. my mom & I took Madie on her first shopping expedition to Target & the mall. I have to say, I think she enjoyed it because she slept soundly the entire time.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

On Tuesday I had my stitches removed. It's one of the most uncomfortable things to have done...while it doesn't hurt it does feel weird, and burns. But thank the lord that is over with. Now everytime I move it doesn't feel like I might rip something open!

Other than that, there isn't really much to update. The breast-feeding is going about as well as expected. I'm really sore...but Madie is learning quickly and pumping has definetly been helping (& it means that DH can take a feeding during the night).

xo.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Please tell me how you are getting her to latch on properly. I am having trouble with that. I have been to a lactation consultant twice and just feel like a moron. She does so well with eating, I just feel like I can satisfy her quick enough and I want breast feeding to work out! I am also pumping. Wish us luck and your Madie is so cute!