Tuesday, May 5, 2009

M & the Dr.

So, I took M to the Dr. on friday. She had this huge raw spot under her neck that I wanted someone to look at.

Anyways, the dr. says that "her neck is just short and fat"--her words, not mine. I'd never call M "fat", I prefer "pleasantly plump".

Supposedly moisture is polling in her neck rolls--mmm.--and I just need to keep it dry.

Dr. then suggested putting turtlenecks on her.--Really, In 80+ degree weather? Are you insane? Seriously, who gave this woman a medical degree?

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Gabe had that really bad. I would just try to air it out after baths with the blow dryer and try to wipe it dry constantly throughout the day. Unfortunately, it didn't really go away until his neck grew and he was sitting upright.

Unknown said...

We have that too! The Dr. gave us some ointment for it and we put it on 3x's a day. He said that it was a yeast infection starting in the folds of her neck. Another girlfriend of mine suggested baby powder, but I have yet to try it. I would try anything to not have my baby smell like feet or cheese! Hope you find something that works!